Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finally hit my scheduled miles

Looking back at the last few weeks I see that I have not ran nearly the miles that I hoped for. This month I am going to be a few miles shy of 60 miles. To put that into perspective, last month (the hottest month of the year) I ran 77 miles. Hopefully I can stick to what I have planned. October will be my biggest month ever with 111 miles. My legs are feeling much much better and even though it is depressing to see my lack of runs for September, I feel like it was worth it in the end. I needed those rest days.

Back to this past week...... here are my runs.

  • Monday~ 5.5 miles
  • Wednesday~5.2 miles (ran this one in the dark, my last mile was an 8:10. felt really good to speed up a bit)
  • Saturday~ 4 miles ( started at an easy pace and progressed to about 9:20 pace)
  • Sunday~ 9.75 Miles ( oops, supposed to be 10)

I didn't wear my HR monitor on any runs this week, but this coming week I will wear it and see if my HR at certain paces are lower than before. I feel like things are FINALLY starting to come around as my runs are becoming easier and less painful, I feel comfortable at somewhat faster paces. I am excited to see what October has to bring.

Total miles this week: 24.5
Total in training: 139.9

Eric

No comments: