Sunday, February 8, 2009

First race of the year!!!

I did the Jacksonville beach winter run. There were two options, 5 or 10 miles. I did the 10 miler and everything went pretty good except my Ipod was dead and my garmin only worked for half the race. Its a good thing I prepped for this race huh? All and all it turned out to be a great race. I felt good from the start. My pace started off a bit fast at around an 8:20 pace so I slowed down to 8:45 and held that until my garmin went dead at mile 5ish. After that im not sure what my pace was, I was just trying to keep a steady pace. My goal for this race was 1 hr and 30 min. I ended up running 1:29:20. One thing I noticed was my legs never got tired of heavy. which is awsome but my breathing got pretty labered near the end which tells me my aerobic system is lacking.

Im not sure what my AVG HR was but for the first 5 miles it was around 194-196. Im pretty sure it only got higher from there. The last 2.5 miles I was starting to huff and puff but I kept pace with a couple that had said they were trying to get under 1:30 and it worked.

This week is going to be all easy runs. I am still in a base building phase and averaging about 20-25 miles p/week.

No comments: